Fix QuickBooks Start Issue (3371)
Sometimes when loading up QuickBooks as normal, an error occurs where it mentions typically “Error 3371” or “Corrupted License Data” that looks something like this:
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
- Error re-configuring your edition of QuickBooks.
- Sync License Data Online is grayed out and unclickable.
- Edit List link is not in No Company Open window
To correct this error, delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Ensure that there are no QuickBooks processes running
- Go to Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Sort by Process Name header.
- End Task for all instances of QBW32.exe
- Open the directory that contains the entitlement data for your version of Windows and QuickBooks make sure you reveal hidden folders, most will follow this:
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) location thus-far has remained the same for all versions.
- Right-Click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and rename EntitlementDataStore.ecml.old
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Open your company file and verify working.